The Regional Business Opportunities Forum is a platform aimed at driving closer partnerships between business and the Local Government Units (LGUs) that are part of the Local Government Integrity Circles (LoGIC) Network. The LoGIC Network is a project co-funded by the European Union and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung that aims to introduce best practices in good governance (integrity building) and ease of doing business in LoGIC Network partner LGUs while promoting these localities as the preferred investment destinations.
The Forum brings together government, business and other stakeholders at a dialogue on their experiences with regard to enhancing global competitiveness through good governance and to discuss challenges and opportunities in doing business in the region as well as exchange views on how both parties can collaborate to improve the business climate and make it easy to do business in the region. Regional and sectoral business opportunities will be presented by both government and business representatives in order to identify priority areas for investment cooperation.
This 2019, with the theme, Promoting Business Partnerships and Good Governance in the Visayas Region, the forum will focus on the business and investment opportunities in Visayas. With the region's booming economy, the Summit will navigate participants through the opportunities, potentials and challenges with the goal of building the foundation for an inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Specifically, it aims to:
- Promote investment and business opportunities in the Visayas while highlighting the ease of doing and integrity building initiatives of the LGUs;
- Provide a platform for networking and business matching;
- Share best practices in improving the business climate and government efficiency;
- Bring LGUs and the business sector closer to working together on mutually beneficial partnerships; and
- Increase awareness on priority business and investment opportunities among the LGU and business sector
- NATIONAL/LOCAL/GOVERNMENT (LCE and other LGU officials, National Government Officials and Heads of various Regional Government Offices
- BUSINESS (CEOs and Entrepreneurs, Business Organizations, Industry Associations and Cooperatives
- NON-GOVERNMENT/INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION (Civil Society Organizations, Academe, NGOs, Foundations International Development Organizations
The Morning Session will be a plenary session on national as well as regional initiatives and challenges with respect to enhancing the country's business competitiveness and prospect for inclusive and sustainable growth. It will also highlight how good governance is key to securing the competitiveness of regions.
The Afternoon Session will highlight Investment opportunities in the Visayas Region. An update on regional and sectoral developments and opportunities will be provided by speakers from government. The business sector will also present their investment plans while others will share how they can help in make the region attract more investments or build its competitiveness.
The discussions will cover:
- Agri-food Development
- Tourism and Healthcare
- Information and Communication Technology
- Construction and Infrastructure including property development