Clarity, concreteness, and conciseness contribute to delivering potent messages through business writing. The cost of poor communication are in the millions, and research from around the world enumerate the need to improve internal, and external communication in all enterprises to improve business operations. This 6-hour course intends to equip participants with knowledge and skills to produce potent, and purposeful writing that are consistent with their objectives.
By the end of the 6-hour program, the learners will be able to utilize the communication techniques to achieve communication objectives specifically
• practicing the effective writing process in preparing business documents;
• utilizing the C's of communication to create clear business documents;
• harnessing current strengths and managing areas for improvement; and
• applying best practices in effective business writing
I. Centering and Introductions
III.Activity: Lost in Translation
IV. The Writer's Journey: Effective Writing Process
A. The Starting Point and The Destination
B. Empathy and Reader-focus
C. Communication Methods
1. 6C's in effective writing - complete, concise, considerate, correct, clear, and concrete
2. Editing sample work using the 6C's (memo and email)
3. Framing messages - delivering neutral, positive, negative news
4. Sharing Session
E. Writing Checklist/Guide
• Summary and Integration
• Closing: Clear Communication Destination Activity
To register, please email email@example.com
Please expect to receive ZOOM links on a separate email before the session schedule.
Attendees will e-workbook, reading list (websites and videos), and e-certificates.
Aug 13 & 14, 2020Add to Calendar